This product does not ship to California or Iowa
Free shipping on product purchases over $99
* Do NOT cycle softened (salt) water through your Berkey System *
The Big Berkey stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Big Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, but can be expanded up to 4 elements
- The versatile Big Berkey® System is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 standard spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
Should have accessories;
- Black Berkey Primer / Purger Needed for regular maintenance of your Black Berkey elements
- Spare Element Wingnuts- Over-tightening will cause threads to strip, always have a spare on hand!
- Keep a spare Blocking Plug on hand. (in the unlikely event you have a malfunctioning element).
The following actions will void your warranty coverage:
1. Attempting to use the Berkey Earth® DE Filter Elements or the Ceramic Super Sterasyl™ Filtration Elements in a pressurized manner. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the only Berkey® elements that require priming.
2. Allowing any of the Berkey® elements to freeze.
3. Using dehumidifier water with any of the Black Berkey® Purification Elements for daily use.
4. Breaking the Berkey® elements due to dropping an assembled system or carelessness.
5. Failure to remove the Black Berkey® Elements from the system prior to transporting or moving the system, resulting in broken stems.
6. Performing a red food coloring test with the Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters attached. The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters must be removed prior to performing a red food coloring test in order to stay in compliance with the six month warranty on these filters.
7. Using the water from a water softening system. Note: this action may clog the Berkey® Purification Elements or cause the stainless steel to pit or rust.
8. If the product is not used in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations or instructions