NOTE.. THIS ITEM IS DISCONTINUED.
THIS IN A NON RETURNABLE - NON EXCHANGE ITEM. (manufacturer warranty still applies)
The "Big Berkey® Non Embossed systems (no Berkey logo) with Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filtration Elements" is/was part of the British Berkefeld® product line that comes packaged in a British Berkefeld® shipping box. This system was manufactured and assembled in England. (The print on the shipping box does not say "Big Berkey®").
This tried-and-true Ceramic Filter technology (in continual use since 1827) was the best option for gravity fed water filters, before Black Berkey® Purification Elements were developed by NMCL.
Ceramic Filters can be replaced with Black Berkey® Purification Elements (sold Separately) and used in this system. When the ceramic filters expire, replace with Black Berkey Purification Elements
- This system is different from the standard Big Berkey® in that there is no Embossed Berkey® Logo on the unit. (refer to product image)
- This system comes standard with four 9"Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filters. (No priming required like Black Berkey water filters)
- The versatile Big Berkey system is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: Four 9" Ceramic Filters.
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, four 9" Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filters, 1 stainless steel lid, 1 Vino spigot, and a rubber gasket to protect the base.
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- Serves: 1-4 people
- Up to 4 PF-4 Berkey® Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired