Black Berkey® Purification Elements are more powerful than any other gravity filter element currently available. The Elements have a unique purification capability that is due to their unique structure. The micro- pores within the Black Berkey® Elements are so small that viruses and pathogenic bacteria are simply not able to pass through them.
Many water filters on the market may claim to be a water purifier, but do not meet the performance specifications required for this classification. In order to be classified as a water purifier, a water treatment device must remove at least 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria and reduce viruses by 99.99%. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements can be classified as water purifiers because they remove 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria and 99.999% of viruses, which greatly exceeds the standard.
The Black Berkey®Purification Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53.
Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the leader in gravity-fed water purification, backed by independent testing
- The Black Berkey® Purification Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Includes: Two 9" Black Berkey® Purification Elements with 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Sold as a PAIR
- Durability: Each Black Berkey® Element is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 elements in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty
- The Black Berkey purification elements are interchangeable with other Brand name gravity systems. (the PF-2 filters can be used as well.)
*Do NOT cycle water softened (salt) water through your Berkey System*
*The PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters are made and assembled in the USA
The PF-2 fluoride filters match up with these Black Berkey® Elements
- The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements absorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water:
- Fluoride: Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Fluorosilicate, Fluorosilicic Acid (aka Hydrofluorosilic Acid)
- Arsenic: V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III
- Other residual heavy metal ions
- Made from safe, non-leaching Polypropolene #5 that is BPA-free
- Sold in a set of 2
- Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements are designed to be used in conjunction with the Black Berkey® Purification Elements only
- Attach to the bottom of the Black Berkey® Purification Elements and sit in the lower chamber of the Berkey unit
- Number of Berkey PF-2™ Elements in the bottom chamber must match the number of Black Berkey® Purification Elements in the top chamber; for example, 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements would require 4 PF-2 Filters
- Set of 2 Berkey PF-2™ Elements need replacement after 1000 gallons of use
- The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements are covered under a six month warranty
"There are so many scientific studies showing the direct, toxic effects of fluoride on your body, it's truly remarkable that it's NOT considered a scientific consensus by now. Despite the evidence against it, fluoride is still added to 70 percent of U.S. public drinking water supplies."