Free shipping with purchase of $79 +
Chlorine can either be in a liquid or gas state. Those steamy hot showers create chloroform gas which you inhale while you shower. The Berkey Shower Filter ™ will reduce chemical absorption through the skin and improve indoor air quality while inside that shower stall.
The largest organ of your body is the skin and it is highly porous and absorbent, The reduction of chemicals will result in health and cosmetic benefits to your hair and your entire body. You can cut back on the amount of shampoo and you will love the feel of your hair.
- Reduces chemical absorption and vapor inhalation
- Eliminate damage to your skin and hair
- Eliminates dirt and odors
- Reduces free chlorine (up to 95%) , hydrogen sulfide, scale, and iron oxide (rust water)
- BPA free
- Designed to last for 20,000 gallons or one year, whichever comes first. Other leading competitor shower filters must be replaced after 6 months. Berkeys last twice as long making it the most economical to purchase.
- The Berkey Shower Filter™ is designed for those who want the benefits of showering in filtered water. Reduces chlorine and some combined chlorine's
- May be used with your existing shower head. Also available with massage shower head already installed
- "Full flow" filter insures even distribution of water throughout the media
- Easy installation of replaceable cartridge with self-sealing threads
- Back Flush Attachment to prevent premature clogging
- Effective for both hot and cold water
- Do not use with shut-off valve
- Measurements; 5" total length with 2 ¾ Diameter
If you have itchy skin after a shower perhaps its the chlorine? ...perhaps the solution is a Berkey shower filter?
A review from Water Filter Magazine.....The Berkey Shower Filter...." is very efficient at removing the contaminants in your water, and it will reduce the chlorine in the water by up to 95%.
We were impressed by the filter’s longevity. The Barkey shower filter will last for up to a year or 20,000 gallons without needing a replacement. And the best part is, when a replacement is needed, you don’t have to break the bank to buy one.
Using this shower filter will not only reduce the chlorine in your water, but it will also reduce the minerals that create lime, mold, and mildew, making your shower easier to maintain."
Over the life of the filter, you may notice a reduction in waterflow, If this is the case , you can back flush your shower filter and get waterflow back to normal. If necessary, click on product images on this page for backflush instructions.