Choose your Quantities from Drop Down Menu
Super Sterasyl™Ceramic Filtration Elements have been in continual use since 1827
- Silver impregnated to inhibit bacterial growth
- Contains granulated activated carbon to reduce chemical and organic compounds
- 9" element installs in the upper chamber of most Berkey® Systems or British Berkefeld® System; Not compatible with Travel Berkey® System
- Durability: Recommended manufacturer's replacement for each Super Sterasyl™Ceramic Filter Element is six months or 535 gallons after use
- Recleanable and self-sterilizing for the life of the filter
- Meets NSF Standard No. 42 for materials
Remove Pathogenic Bacteria:
Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, Serratia, E.Coli, Fecal Coliform > 99.99% removal.
Remove Cysts (>99.999%):
Cryptosporidium Parvum and Giardia Lamblia – 100% removal (based on tests by Arizona State University).
Pesticides, herbicides, organic solvents, SOCs, VOCs, trihalomethanes.
Reduce Chlorine > 90% +
Reduce Virus's - Viruses alone are much too small to be stopped by all normal filters. The British Berkefeld filter should still achieve a significant reduction because viruses are usually associated with infected cells or attached to other organisms and these can be stopped by the filter. For best protection against virus's, use the the Black Berkey Filtration element.