* Do NOT cycle softened (salt) water through your Berkey System! *
Includes the following upgrades;
- 10" Sight Glass with Spigot
- 1- pair of PF-2 Fluoride filters (little white ones). removes up to 95% of fluoridated water
- A Black Berkey Primer / Purger Tool. A hand priming pump that makes it possible to prime or backflush Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- The versatile Imperial Berkey® System is the ideal system for use with mid to large-sized families, small groups and during unexpected emergencies
- Constructed with highly polished AISI stainless steel
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 17" in height
- Storage capacity of about 4.5 gallons (17 liters)
- Maximum Filter Capacity: 6 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System also includes 4 blocking plugs, 1 priming button,1 standard spigot, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base.
- Height when in use: 26"
- Diameter: 10"
- Weight: 10 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 4-8 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 200-400 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey® System can produce up to 5.5 gallons (20.8 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 6 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey® System can produce up to 16.5 gallons (62.5 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to 6 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
Keep these extra parts on hand;
- Spare Element Wingnuts- Over-tightening will cause threads to strip, always have a spare on hand!
- Keep a spare Blocking Plug on hand. (In case one is lost, or in the unlikely event you have a malfunctioning element).
The following actions will void your warranty coverage:
1. Attempting to use the Berkey Earth® DE Filter Elements or the Ceramic Super Sterasyl™ Filtration Elements in a pressurized manner. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the only Berkey® elements that require priming.
2. Allowing any of the Berkey® elements to freeze.
3. Using dehumidifier water with any of the Black Berkey® Purification Elements for daily use.
4. Breaking the Berkey® elements due to dropping an assembled system or carelessness.
5. Failure to remove the Black Berkey® Elements from the system prior to transporting or moving the system, resulting in broken stems.
6. Performing a red food coloring test with the Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters attached. The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters must be removed prior to performing a red food coloring test in order to stay in compliance with the six month warranty on these filters.
7. Using the water from a water softening system. Note: this action may clog the Berkey® Purification Elements or cause the stainless steel to pit or rust.
8. If the product is not used in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations or instructions.