Free shipping on product purchases over $75
Black Berkey®Water Filtration Elements are more powerful than any other gravity filter element currently available. The Elements have a unique purification capability that is due to their unique structure. The micro- pores within the Black Berkey®Water Filtration Elements are so small that viruses and pathogenic bacteria are simply not able to pass through them.
Many water filters on the market may claim to be a water purifier, but do not meet the performance specifications required for this classification. In order to be classified as a water purifier, a water treatment device must remove at least 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria and reduce viruses by 99.99%. The Black Berkey®Water Filtration Elements can be classified as water purifiers because they remove 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria and 99.999% of viruses, which greatly exceeds the standard. The Black Berkey®Water Filtration Elements formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53.
Black Berkey®Water Filtration Elements are the leader in gravity-fed water purification, backed by independent testing
- The Black Berkey®Water Filtration Elements formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Includes: Two 9" Black Berkey®Water Filtration Elements with 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Sold as a PAIR
- Durability: Each Black Berkey®Water Filtration Element is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 elements in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty
- The Black Berkey®Water Filtration Elements are interchangeable with other Brand name gravity systems. (the PF-2 filters can be used as well.)
*Do NOT cycle water softened (salt) water through your Berkey System*
Should have accessories;
Black Berkey Primer / Purger Needed for regular maintenance of your Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- Spare Element Wingnuts- Over-tightening will cause threads to strip, always have a spare on hand!
- Keep a spare Blocking Plug on hand. (in case of loss, or in the unlikely event you have a malfunctioning element).
Black Berkey® Elements
The Black Berkey® Purification Elements and the Berkey Earth® DE Elements are covered under a two year limited prorated warranty, calculated in six month intervals. Warranty period begins from the date of receipt of the product by the original purchaser.
The following actions will void your warranty coverage:
1. Attempting to use the Berkey Earth® DE Filter Elements or the Ceramic Super Sterasyl™ Filtration Elements in a pressurized manner.
2. Allowing any of the Black Berkey® Elements to freeze.
3. Using dehumidifier water with any of the Black Berkey® Elements for daily use.
4. Breaking the Black Berkey® Purification Elements due to dropping an assembled system or carelessness.
5. Failure to remove the Black Berkey® Purification Elements from the system prior to transporting or moving the system, resulting in broken stems.
6. Performing a red food coloring test with the Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters attached. The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters must be removed prior to performing a red food coloring test in order to stay in compliance with the six month warranty on these filters.
7. Using the water from a water softening system. Note: this action may clog the Black Berkey® Elements Purification Elements or cause the stainless steel to pit or rust.
8. If the product is not used in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations or instructions