- Choose quantity from dropdown menu
- NO FILTER PRIMING REQUIRED
- Super Sterasyl™Ceramic Filtration water filters have been in continual use since 1827
- Silver impregnated to inhibit bacterial growth
- Contains granulated activated carbon to reduce chemical and organic compounds
- 7" element installs in the upper chamber of all Berkey® Systems or British Berkefeld® Systems
- Durability: Recommended manufacturer's replacement for each Super Sterasyl™Ceramic Filtration Element is six months or 535 gallons after use
- Recleanable and self-sterilizing for the life of the filter
- Meets NSF Standard No. 42 for materials
Remove Pathogenic Bacteria:
Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, Serratia, E.Coli, Fecal Coliform > 99.99% removal.
Remove Cysts (>99.999%):
Cryptosporidium Parvum and Giardia Lamblia – 100% removal (based on tests by Arizona State University).
Pesticides, herbicides, organic solvents, SOCs, VOCs, trihalomethanes.
Reduce Chlorine > 90% +
Reduce Virus's - Viruses alone are much too small to be stopped by all normal filters. The British Berkefeld filter should still achieve a significant reduction because viruses are usually associated with infected cells or attached to other organisms and these can be stopped by the filter.